The annual Australian Usergroup was held just after Technical University (IBM Technical Symposium) on a lovely spring day on the Level 13 floor of IBM Australia North Sydney Offices (with sweeping views over Sydney water.
There were a range of attendees, from private and public organisations and a number of great presentations by request.
The agenda was:
• Spectrum Scale Use Cases and Positioning – Christopher D. Maestas – IBM
• Spectrum Scale Customer Talk – University of Queensland
• An update on Spectrum Scale (and ESS) world-wide Support: transformation initiatives ; overview of the world-wide Support organization; some policies such as response time targets; some best practices such as log files and use of WebEx for live debug; includes Q&A. – Andrew Giblon – IBM
Spectrum Scale with HPSS – Atos
Technical talk – Spectrum Scale Erasure Code Edition (ECE, a.k.a MESTOR) – Lin Feng – IBM
• Spectrum Scale – Lessons from the field and tips from Support – Suad Musovich – IBM
• Spectrum Scale and BDA update – Lin Feng – IBM
• Integrated Spectrum Scale backup, archive and HSM with HPE Data Management Framework (DMF) – HPE
• What is new in Spectrum Scale? What is new in ESS? Christopher D. Maestas – IBM
• Enabler for Containers V2, and Container Storage Interface(CSI) availability – Dale McCurdy – IBM
• Hosting SAP & Oracle unstructured data across 2 data centers with Spectrum Scale and AFM-DR Alexis Giral– SystemEthix
• Customer/User Site Reports and Open Discussion
A number of presentations we had explained how Spectrum Scale can be leveraged for this type of workload, plus a few excellent Spectrum Scale best practise and broad view direction presentations plus an excellent number of presentations from IBM China Labs experts on new features and fixes. The user talk by Jake and David from UQ is well worth a read, as is the user case from SystemEthix
All the slide decks have been made available by our kind presenters and are NOT under NDA.
Continue reading “Event Report – Sydney Spectrum Scale Usergroup October 2019”