We’ve gone digital for a series of Spectrum Scale user group talks! As we’ve had to cancel our in-person events, we’ve been working out how we can do digital content in a way that works for the user group. We’ll be running a series of digital webinars along the lines of the talks we’d normally have at SSUG events hosted by the Spectrum Scale user group people.
- Talk 1: What is new in Spectrum Scale 5.0.5
- Talk 2: Best practices for building a stretched cluster
- Talk 3: Spectrum Scale Strategy Update
- Talk 4: Update on Performance Enhancements in Spectrum Scale
- Talk 5: Deep Dive in Spectrum Scale Core
- Talk 6: Persistent Storage for Containers with Spectrum Scale
- Talk 7: Spectrum Scale ILM & Policy Engine
- Talk 8: Scalable multi-node training for AI workloads on NVIDIA DGX, Red Hat OpenShift and IBM Spectrum Scale
- Talk 9: Deep Thought – An AI Project for Autonomous Driving Development
- Talk 10: Data Accelerator for Analytics and AI (DAAA)
- Talk 11: What is new in Spectrum Scale 5.1?
- Talk 12 (Dec 4th 2020): Guest Expert: Lenovo, Spectrum Scale and NVMe Storage (Held in conjunction with CIUK)
- Talk 13 (Dec 4th 2020): Event driven data management and security using Spectrum Scale Clustered Watch Folder and File Audit Logging (Held in conjunction with CIUK)
During the series we’ll be pulling in the types of talks we’d have at our events and we’re sure you’ll see a number of familiar names and faces in our speaker line-up – as well as some new faces too! We’ve been working hard with IBM to work out the format and content of the events and whilst it might take a few goes to get the format right, we’re hopeful it will work out well.
Each of the events will be hosted by a member of the SSUG committee and we’ll have digital Q&A live during the event. We plan to post the videos on our Youtube channel and post the questions and answers on the user group website along with the slide decks. Anything we can’t answer during the talk, we’ll take away and try and get a response from afterwards!
Anyone can join the SSUG::Digital series using the links on each event page. We know it won’t be the same as the in-person events, but we hope you’ll join in and participate in the on-line series. We hope to run a talk every couple of weeks, but the schedule will be driven a little by how well people engage and speaker availability.
You can find details of all our Expert Talks on the SSUG website.
Due to the tooling we’re using, only the presenter and Q&A panel hosts will be able to speak, but we you can ask questions in the live Q&A chat.
We appreciate as a global group this timing doesn’t work for everyone, but as a lot of the speakers are based in the US and Europe…! And we will be posting the videos of the talks shortly after each session.