We’ve gone digital for a series of Spectrum Scale user group talks! As we’ve had to cancel our in-person events, we’ve been working out how we can do digital content in a way that works for the user group. We’ll be running a series of digital webinars along the lines of the talks we’d normally have at SSUG events hosted by the Spectrum Scale user group people.
- Talk 1: 18th June 2020: What is new in Spectrum Scale 5.0.5
- Talk 2: 13th July 2020: Best practices for building a stretched cluster
- Talk 3: 27th July 2020: Spectrum Scale Strategy Update
- Talk 4: 10th September 2020: Update on Performance Enhancements in Spectrum Scale
- Talk 5: 22nd September 2020: Deep Dive in Spectrum Scale Core
- Talk 6: 6th October 2020: Persistent Storage for Containers with Spectrum Scale
- Talk 7: 21st October 2020: Spectrum Scale ILM & Policy Engine
During the series we’ll be pulling in the types of talks we’d have at our events and we’re sure you’ll see a number of familiar names and faces in our speaker line-up – as well as some new faces too! We’ve been working hard with IBM to work out the format and content of the events and whilst it might take a few goes to get the format right, we’re hopeful it will work out well.
Each of the events will be hosted by a member of the SSUG committee and we’ll have digital Q&A live during the event. We plan to post the videos on our Youtube channel and post the questions and answers on the user group website along with the slide decks. Anything we can’t answer during the talk, we’ll take away and try and get a response from afterwards!
Anyone can join the SSUG::Digital series using the links on each event page. We know it won’t be the same as the in-person events, but we hope you’ll join in and participate in the on-line series. We hope to run a talk every couple of weeks, but the schedule will be driven a little by how well people engage and speaker availability.
Due to the tooling we’re using, only the presenter and Q&A panel hosts will be able to speak, but we you can ask questions in the live Q&A chat.
Our first SSUG::Digital will take place on Thursday 18th June 2020 at 4pm BST. That’s:
- San Francisco, USA at 08:00 PDT
- New York, USA at 11:00 EDT
- London, United Kingdom at 16:00 BST
- Frankfurt, Germany at 17:00 CEST
- Pune, India at 20:30 IST
We appreciate as a global group this timing doesn’t work for everyone, but as a lot of the speakers are based in the US and Europe…! And we will be posting the videos of the talks shortly after each session.